To Rehoboth Church Family,
Franklin Graham has reached out to pastors and Christian leaders across our nation with a request to specifically pray for our President on Sunday June 2, 2019. Here is what he said: “Along with 250+ Christian leaders, I am asking followers of Christ across our nation to set aside next Sunday, June 2, as a special day of prayer for the President, Donald J. Trump. President Trump’s enemies continue to try everything to destroy him, his family, and the presidency. In the history of our country, no president has been attacked as he has. I believe the only hope for him, and this nation, is God.
This is a critical time for America. We’re on the edge of a precipice,” Graham continued. “Time is short. We need to pray for God to intervene. We need to ask God to protect, strengthen, encourage, and guide the President. We know that God hears and answers prayer. He can soften hearts and change minds. He is all-powerful, and He rules over the affairs of nations. The Bible instructs us to pray for those in authority, ‘that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior’ 1 Timothy 2:2–3.”
How to Pray for our President
Considering the consistency of the unnecessary, unwarranted and unprecedented attacks by the press and mass media upon our president, we as Christian citizens must intercede for him and his administration with equal or exceeding intensity and consistency. Here is an example of some ways to pray for our President.
- Pray for his spiritual, physical, emotional and psychological well-being and for the safety of himself and his family.
- Pray that God would grant him wisdom through an ever growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ in order that he might lead this nation by godly counsel.
- Pray that he would not grow weary in well doing, but that God would grant him the blessing of Moses to Asher… as thy days, so shall thy strength be. Deut. 33:25
- Pray that his enemies will stumble and fall and that their folly will be exposed and returned upon their own heads as in the days of Haman and Mordecai. Esther 7:9ff
- Pray that God would help him by means of a humble heart, bridled tongue and a genuine walk of faith and integrity.
- Pray for his wife and children (Family Life) that his home may be a sanctuary of peace amidst a sea of seemingly unrelenting and unnecessary conflict and controversy.
- Pray that he might continue to have the support of honest to God Christians like V. P. Mike Pence who can advise, encourage and stand strong with him in the difficult days and battles to come.
God Bless You,